Our supplier for the uniform is John Lewis – Westfield Stratford Store
We have our own page on the John Lewis website which can be accessed below.
Access their website here – John Lewis Website
In cases of economic hardship the school will support families to buy the uniform. Please ask to speak to the Principal for advice.
School Uniform List
Outerwear Uniform (Unisex)
Coat – Plain black or grey coat. No Gillets, no hoodies and no logos. Coats must not be worn inside the school building.
Scarf/Hat/Gloves – Plain black. Not to be worn inside the school. No sports caps.
Bag – East London Science School bag with school logo OR plain black rucksack. No side bags.
Our supplier for the sports kit is Sportswear International.
Access their website using the link here – http://www.swischoolwear.co.uk/
Sports Kit List
We expect all pupils to participate in every PE lesson in the correct kit. Kit is very important in creating a sense of team spirit and professionalism within lessons.
Red ELSS Polo T shirt
Black ELSS Shorts
Red ELSS Football Socks
ELSS Red Fleece
ELSS Tracksuit Top/Waterproof – To be worn in winter months for outdoor sport.
ELSS Jogging Bottoms – To be worn in winter months for outdoor sport, or all year round for religious reasons.
Sports Trainers – No canvas/Converse or high tops are allowed.
Hair – For safety reasons long hair must be tied up.
Specific Technical Kit
– Gum shields.
– Thermal layers may be worn in bad weather.
– Thermal layers (black).
– Black swimming costume or black swimming shorts (must be tight).
– Black swimming hat.
– Leggings may be worn for religious reasons.
– Goggles are optional.
Athletics and Gymnastics
– Pupils are expected to wear ELSS shorts, tracksuit bottoms are only allowed for religious reasons.
Pupils must bring full ELSS PE kit to every lesson.
– If full ELSS PE kit is not available, pupils must bring an alternative form of sportswear accompanied with a note from a parent or guardian. This note must include a date indicating when the PE kit will be replaced.
– If pupils cannot take part you are expected to bring a note from a parent or guardian.
– If pupils are unable to take part/participate you must still change into full PE kit, unless otherwise incapable of doing so.
Consequences of failure to bring kit to lessons
– Failure to wear full ELSS PE kit for e.g. incorrect socks or shorts = Break time detention for lack of organisation.
– Failure to bring PE kit = 60 minute PE catch up detention to make up for missed lesson/physical activity.
– Failure to bring kit 3 x within one half term = Meeting with parents/guardians.
Jewellery and valuables
The wearing of jewellery during Physical Education lessons is inappropriate for Health & Safety reasons. All jewellery should be removed before the lesson commences. Valuable items are the responsibility of students; however these are should be left at home. If students choose to bring valuables to PE lessons we suggest they keep them safely in their bag, however this is at their own risk.
Injury and Illness
The ideal is that if pupils are well enough to be in school, they are well enough to participate in PE lessons, however, if pupils are unable to participate in a PE lesson due to injury or severe illness they must bring a note signed from parent/guardian stating the reason why.
Acceptable reasons for non-participation
– Broken bones.
– Long term sports injury – this must be discussed with PE staff.
– Doctor’s medical note.
– Known medical condition that may affect physical activity – this must be discussed with PE staff.
Some unacceptable reasons
– Period pains
– A cold
– General aches with no specific diagnoses
– Resting for or from a sports training session or competition.